Founded in 1986, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and educational organisation that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana.
They further their mission by:
- Developing psychedelics and marijuana into prescription medicines
- Training therapists and working to establish a network of treatment centers
- Supporting scientific research into spirituality, creativity, and neuroscience
- Educating the public honestly about the risks and benefits of psychedelics and marijuana.
They envision a world where psychedelics and marijuana are safely and legally available for beneficial uses, and where research is governed by rigorous scientific evaluation of their risks and benefits.
- Transparency — Information is shared openly and clearly. Communications are respectful, honest, and forthright.
- Passion and Perseverance — They persist in the face of challenges. They have a sense of urgency about their work, and know that it’s a long-term effort.
- Intelligent Risk — Their decisions are informed by research. They try new things and learn from their mistakes.
- Trust and Accountability — They value integrity and honesty, and embrace high standards.
MAPS relies on the generosity of individual donors. Research into the beneficial potential of psychedelics again being conducted under federal guidelines, but no funding for this research is yet available from governments, for-profit pharmaceutical companies, or major foundations. That means that the future of psychedelic and marijuana research depends on individual donors and family foundations. Please consider making a donation today.